Wednesday 6 May 2015

MAY Meeting - Fractured Surfaces

I have put together some instructions to create a workshop for everyone on 'Fractured Surfaces' for the May meeting and below are shown one or two examples of pieces created using the resulting material.  I will send out a requirements list once I have made a sample piece, but you will need two or three pieces of coloured silk fabric and/or silk velvet and a piece of black silk or silk velvet, A further piece of fabric in similar colours for the backing fabric, together with around 2 metres of Bondaweb.  No stitching involved, just cutting and sticking.

This was a small piece in one of the Yorkshire Travelling Journals I had recently.  Obviously the colours were red and black

These two pages showing the inspiration and resolved piece were in another Yorkshire Travelling Journal I saw when I was Up North recently.  A mixture of greens used this time and cleverly overlaid with another piece of fabric so the fractured surface is peeping through from behind.

This was the inspiration for the red piece and I think it must be one of Sandra Middleton's pieces where she has used a mixture of colours and then patched them all together in a larger piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment