Tuesday 29 September 2015

More Flour Resist

Had a third try at this method and have had a bit better success with the thickened dye paste.  I also tried using plain flour as well as gram flour for the resist paste.  Not a lot of difference really.

These photographs are of the same piece of fabric, as it would not fit completely on the scanner glass.

I used various colours of Procion dye:-

    - Turquoise
    - Emerald Green
    - Golden Yellow
    - Black
   -  Fire Engine Red

Some of it was just the remains of the thickened dye left in my measuring jug after decanting it into plastic bottles ready for the breakdown printing session on Wednesday.





There appears to be some lovely bits of pattern here and there, with no particular reason for them.  I particularly like the parallel lines and their interaction with the crackling.

I used a wooden skewer to mark into the dry flour paste.  I also scrunched the fabric up quite a lot after it had dried, and between applying each layer of colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment